A no nonsense approach!
- We believe in the survival of the fittest.
- Brood cows must perform on grass in season and hay in the Winter.
- Calving occurs in the Spring.
- Calves are not creep fed.
- Upon weaning, calves are fed limited grain and hay through the Winter.
- At yearling stage the following year, spring heifers and bulls are put on grass only.
- Full vaccinations, worming, weighing, ultrasounds, pregnancy testing, and semen testing are done for the sale cattle. We have a full, complete health program for the herd.
- Cow size is adequately above the middle of the road.
- We believe in linebreeding. For our Black Angus, we follow the lead of Graham Angus, and their 50 year plus proven program. For the Polled Herefords, we continue our own 45-yr plus Hill-Vue program where we have bred Neil Trask Plato Dominos with a touch of Felton blended in several years ago.
- The Graham and Trask lines are very strong respectfully.